Trucking Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Trucking Insurance Information
What Type of Commercial Trucking Related Coverages Will Suit Your Particular Business Needs ?
Owners and operators of commercial trucks can't get by with just a standard commercial auto insurance policy. In addition to protecting the cargo that they carry, truckers have to consider the huge physical damage that can be caused by their trucks, as well as the potential environmental issues an accident could cause, and let’s not forget the expensive cost to repair their large vehicles. Whether you are a business person with one commercial truck or you own a large business that operates a fleet of trucks, you have a need for commercial truck insurance and that coverage has to be tailored to your specific business and the corresponding risks. Maybe you have a delivery service and your drivers make deliveries in a limited geographic area, or you have commercial truck drivers who have been trained and certified and who drive tractor trailers and deliver freight cross-country. No two businesses are alike in their use of vehicles, their specific risks attached to their usage and the types and amount of coverage that is required.
How do you get the help you need to choose the right insurance for your business? Start by clicking this link and complete our quote request form. As a Trusted Choice agent, we will be able to help you with every aspect of your business coverage, from general liability to property coverage to commercial truck insurance.
Commercial Truck Risks
Facts You Should Know
- About 145,000 people are injured each year in truck accidents
- Over 70% of truck accidents report only property damage
- 22% of all truck accidents result in injuries
- The average cost of a commercial truck accident is about $77,000
The Different Types of Vehicles That Require Commercial Truck Insurance
The category of commercial trucks include several types of large vehicles, these include:
- Semis (tractor-trailers or 18-wheelers)
- Dump trucks
- Car haulers and auto trailers
- Tank trucks
- Tow trucks
- Flatbed trucks
- Box trucks
- Garbage trucks
Each of these types of trucks have different functions. The frequency with which you and/or your employees drive your commercial trucks, the annual mileage placed on the trucks and the type of cargo that they haul haul will all factor into both the type and the amount of coverage you need to protect your enterprise.
What Exactly Does A Commercial Truck Insurance Policy Cover ?
Similar to auto insurance policies, commercial truck insurance comes with an assortment of available coverages , each of which is specifically designed to protect both your business and your personal assets from a loss, which can at times be catastrophic. The coverages should consider include:
- Commercial truck liability insurance: Covers your liability risks in the event that a driver causes an accident .. Your commercial truck liability will cover bodily injury liability so that the costs of injuries and medical expenses for the injured parties, and property damage liability to cover the costs of property damage in an accident. Typically your commercial truck liability insurance will also cover the costs of legal defense, whether or not your company is found to be at fault in an accident. HINT: Make sure your defenses do not erodes the liability benefit. A good policy segragates those costs.
- Physical damage coverage: Covers the costs of damage to your vehicle from an accident or other incident. This coverage includes both collision coverage to pay for damage from a crash as well as comprehensive coverage to pay for damages other than collision like theft, vandalism .
- Uninsured/underinsurance motorists coverage: Covers the costs of injuries and damages if you or one of your drivers (Driver A) is in an accident with a driver( Driver B). Driver B is found at fault but was not carrying insurance. This coverage will pay for damges to your vehicle as well as any bodily damage.
- Truck cargo coverage: Covers damage or theft of items your truck is hauling.
In addition to these types of coverage, you will have many other options as you structure your policy to address your specific concerns. For example, if your employees sometimes need to drive their own vehicles in the course of business, you may want a non-owned vehicles policy. This coverage will protect you and your drivers from the costs associated with accidents that occur during business hours when an employee is driving a vehicle that your company does not own.
How to Get Commercial Truck Insurance Quotes
Since commercial truck insurance varies widely depending on the type of truck and the use of the vehicle, it can be very difficult to get a side-by-side comparison of different quotes for the same types and amounts of insurance coverage.
Fortunately, as independent TrustMark agency, we compare quotes for you from several different insurance companies. Working with an agent who will take the time to understand your business, and how you use your commercial trucks, can help you save time and money. Your agent will be able to quickly do the leg work to get several different quotes that match your commercial truck insurance needs. With my 33 years of experience, I can tell you that the more questions the better for you. A clear and complete picture of your operation will help the underwriters to find the lowest possible quote.
There is so much to consider when insuring your commercial trucks. To get accurate quotes, your agent needs to know things, like:
- Which employees will be driving your trucks? ( We will need driver’s license datum for each driver)
- What kinds of certification or training do your drivers have?
- Will they be in hard-hat areas or construction sites?
- Will they be hauling heavy equipment or hazardous materials?
- How many miles will they be driving your commercial trucks each year?
- Will they cross state boundaries?
Questions like these, as well as the driving records of your employees, will help your agent gather a range of quotes from several different companies, including various commercial vehicle discounts that may be available to you.
Get Commercial Truck Insurance and More
As a local TrustChoice independent I can make sure you get the best commercial truck insurance coverage for your needs and budget. Additionally, we can help you get all of the coverage needed for your business operation. Many insurance companies will give you discounts if you package all your business coverage with one company, and we can find these opportunities for you.
Even if you carry many policies through several different insurance companies, when you work with Ferriulo & Associates, A Trusted Choice agency, your transactions take place all at one time, in one office. If you ever need to file a claim, you will have one agent who can help you with the process. Find an agent in the Trusted Choice network today and get the commercial truck insurance you need.