Q.24. Why Would Someone Sue Their Employer ?
An injured employee might sue a non-subscribing employer in state court for damages arising from a work related injury because of:
To Get a Free Occupational Accident Quote with no obligation, click on the link below and provide us the required information. A quote will be emailed to you.
A typical negligence claim involves the employer's breach of a work related duty, and has included:
- Serious injury
- Bad claims management
- Disgruntled or litigious employees
- The duty to furnish and maintain safe and suitable tools and equipment
- The duty to hire careful and competent co-workers
- The duty to protect against foreseeable criminal acts of third parties<
- The duty to provide adequate assistance in the performance of required work
- The duty to instruct employees on safe use and handling of products and equipment
Return To FAQ page